The Monthly - June
- The Lamplighter
- News from the
Business Manager (Budget Receipts)
- Camp Okoboji
- !Amigos en Cristo!
Opportunities (Chapel Devotion)
- Mission Central
- Hispanic Outreach in
- Stewardship in Iowa
- EYES on Youth Ministry
(Concert at Zion, Manning)
ALSO INCLUDED. . .
Click here to read the Table of Contents
Click here to download the entire
monthly as one packet.
Calendar of Events
- June 1-2—Lay Leadership Institute, Fort Dodge
- June 2—Elder Training Event, Trinity, Des Moines
- June 10—Joy in Ministry Banquet, Denison
- June 16—Lutheran Hour Ministries Outreach
- June 24-26—District Convention, Camp Okoboji
- June 28-30—LWML Convention, Camp Okoboji
— Save the Date —
October 1-2—District Pastors Conference, Gloria
- The Rev. Craig Cummins, St. Paul, Alta, to Elwood,
- The Rev. David Dahlke, West Des Moines, to Affton,
- The Rev. Shawn Deterding, Clinton, MO, to Peace,
- The Rev. David Kuhnle, Hone Creek, to Grace, Storm
- The Rev. Craig Cummins, St. Paul, Alta, to Pender,
- The Rev. David Zirpel, Redeemer, Sioux City, to
- Wade Brandt, Saint Louis, to Zion, Ogden.
- Marcus Manley, Fort Wayne, to St. Paul, Ute.
- Timothy Oetting, Saint Louis, to Our Savior,
- Justin Whitmore, Saint Louis, to Immanuel,
- Philip Beyersdorf, Fort Wayne, to Pilgrim, Quimby/Trinity,
- Eric Black, Saint Louis, to Trinity, Des Moines.
- Mark Resner, Fort Wayne, to First, Missouri Valley.
- Brandon Ross, Fort Wayne, to Our Savior, Denison.
COMMISSIONED MINISTER CHANGE OF STATUS
- Glen Emery, formerly of Lutheran Family Service, to
Non-Candidate, June 1, 2012.
Iowa District West 38th Convention June
24-26, 2012—Camp Okoboji
"Joy in Modeling"
"Show yourself in all respects to be a
model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity,
dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that
an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say
about us." Titus 2:7-8
Opening Service: June 24 at 7 PM at Immanuel Lutheran
Church, Spirit Lake
Vice-President of The LCMS
Essayist: Dr. Dale Meyer, President Concordia
Use of Technology:
- Synod Representative: Dr. Scott Murray, 5
- Convention Workbooks will be provided on CD
- For the first time electronic balloting will be
Convention Business Includes
- Election of Officers
- Reports of District Officers and Committees
- Resolutions to set the District direction for the
- Kapfer Scholarship Award presentation
Special Convention Offering
The Board of Directors of Iowa District West asks that a
special door offering be taken in each of the District’s
congregations in support of our Sudanese and Asian
ministries in Des Moines. These gifts are to be sent with
the delegates and gathered with the offering at the con-vention’s
Iowa District West, LCMS
409 Kenyon Road, Suite B
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
Please note: The inclusion of items from outside sources in
The Monthly is for information purposes only. Inclusion
of such items does not constitute District endorsement.